AAVVi.net would like to thank the many stakeholders that provided input to shape AAVVi.net in one-on-one discussions, informal side meetings, and formal meetings. Notable meetings included: an ICASA side meeting in Cape Town in December 2013, a USAID expert consultation on African HIV vaccine research in Nairobi in May 2014 “For Africa, with Africa: The next generation of HIV vaccine research and development”, a Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise meeting “Considerations for a Pan-African HIV vaccine development Agenda” in Kigali in March 2015, and an ICASA side meeting in Harare in December 2015.
The Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise, with leadership from Pontiano Kaleebu, MRC/UVRI Uganda, spearheaded efforts to operationalize this virtual network.
The AAVVi.net Champions work with Pontiano Kaleebu and the Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise to set direction, and define governance and operational structures for AAVVi.net.
- William Kilembe, Zambia-Emory HIV Research Project, Zambia
- Francis Kiweewa, Makerere University Walter Reed Project, Uganda
- Jauhara Nanyondo, Makerere University Walter Reed Project, Uganda
- Julien Nyombayire, Rwanda Zambia HIV Research Group, Rwanda
- Marcel Tongo, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise
Website design and development by The Print House Ltd. in Kampala, Uganda.